Everbuild STIXALL Sealant & Adhesive (290ml) - CRYSTAL CLEAR
Additional Products (Optional)
Our best-selling combined building adhesive and sealant, based on hybrid polymer technology, with the most extreme power to both bond and seal virtually everything to anything in virtually all conditions, even under water!
Everbuild Stixall Crystal Clear is a one part, chemically curing sealant and adhesive combining the best qualities of silicone and polyurethane technologies. It is specifically designed for adhering most common building surfaces to each other and themselves.
Sealing and bonding in almost every application imaginable. The following are just some examples:
- As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
- External and internal perimeter pointing around doors and windows.
- Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
- Sealing vertical expansion joints.
- Jointing cladding panels.
- Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding of joints.
- Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
- Incredible initial grab, no slip and gap filling properties.
- High bonding strength
- Interior and Exterior Use
- Certified to the harmonized European standard for Sealants for façade and sanitary use.
- Can be applied to Wet Surfaces
- Waterproof & Weatherproof
- Quick Curing.
- Overpaintable with some paints - always test a small area first.
- Resistant to temperature extremes -40°C to +70°C
- Resistant to Chemicals & Petrol (10% dilute acids/alkalis, most solvents)
- Resistant to slmup: <3mm (ISO7390)
Excellent primer less adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, Perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc etc.
- Packaging - 290ml Cartridge
- Colour - Crystal Clear
- Shelf Life Cartridge - 12 months.
- Storage Conditions Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C.
- Ambient Air Temperature - +5 to 40°C
- Curing Time ~2mm per 24 hours in depth
- Skin Time 15-30 mins
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water. Can be used under water but adhesion performance is reduced so should be applied as an emergency repair in these conditions only.
APPLICATION METHOD / TOOLS
As a nail replacement (panel) adhesive.
Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc.
Prime dusty surfaces with Everbuild PVA Bond diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suit the required bead size.
For bonding heavy items
(Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
For bonding lightweight items
(covings, dado rails, skirting etc) apply adhesive to back of item in one ortwo continuous beads and press immediately into place.
Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirits.
As a sealant
Certified to EN15651 Façade for interior, exterior and cold climate applications and for sanitary applications. Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using Everbuild Expanding Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Where the sealant is used in a joint configuration, masking tape should be used to prevent contamination of adjacent substrates, and ensure a neat sealing line. Masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling. The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good contact between the sealant and the substrate. Tooling of the sealant also gives a smooth, professional finish.
Apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centers.
Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action.
Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24- 48 hours). If required, Stixall may also be used to seal
around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure).
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means. Full cure must be allowed before over painting.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Uncured product: white spirits.
Cured product: mechanical removal.