Everbuild STIXALL Sealant & Adhesive (300ml) - WHITE
Additional Products (Optional)
The ultimate combined building adhesive and sealant, based on hybrid polymer technology, with the most Extreme power to both bond and seal virtually EVERYTHING to ANYTHING in virtually all conditions, even under water!
Everbuild Stixall is a one part, chemically curing sealant and adhesive combining the best qualities of silicone and polyurethane technologies. It is specifically designed for adhering most common building surfaces to each other and themselves.
- Sealing and bonding in almost every application imaginable. The following are just some examples: As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
- Perimeter pointing around doors and windows, especially in mobile structures such as caravans.
- Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
- Jointing cladding panels.
- Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding of joints.
- Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
- Incredible initial grab, no slip & gap filling properties.
- High bonding strength.
- Interior and exterior use.
- Can be applied to wet surfaces.
- Totally waterproof & weatherproof.
- Quick curing.
- Overpaintable if required (with water based paints - test an inconspicuous area before use).
- Resistant to temperature extremes -40 °C to +100 °C.
- Resistant to chemicals (10 % dilute acids/alkalis, most solvents).
- Excellent primerless adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster,
plasterboard, polyester, perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc.
- Chemical Base - STP
- Packaging - 290 ml cartridge
- Shelf Life - 12 months
- Storage Conditions - Store in cool dry conditions between + 5 °C and 25 °C.
- Use on overhead applications – Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixing.
- Use in conjunction with mechanical fixings for glass block fitting or large mirrors (>0.5 m2 total area).
- For heavy items, provide temporary support until adhesive has cured.
- Do not seal mirror edges/plastic sheeting until adhesive has cured.
- In areas of high UV; some darkening/discolouration may occur. This does not affect the performance of the product.
- Overpaintability: check compatibility with specific paint first before over painting large areas.
- Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticizers.
- Not for use as part of a glazing system.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use EVERBUILD® AQUA MATE®.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt.Use EVERBUILD® WEATHER MATE®.
- Yellowing can occur in predominantly dark conditions.
- Certified as a sealant for internal use only.
It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services Department for advice.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water. For plastics light abrasion is advised to deliver best adhesion performance. Can be used under water for emergency repair.
APPLICATION METHOD / TOOLS
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut aperture to required width and apply with a standard sealant gun.
As a Nail Replacement (Panel) Adhesive:
Prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD® 501 PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry. Apply using a standard sealant gun.
For bonding heavy items:
Plasterboard, worktops, wall panels etc. apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50 mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300 mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE. With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
For bonding lightweight items:
Covings, dado rails, skirting etc. apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place. Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these
areas. In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirits.
As a Sealant:
If necessary reduce joint depth using an EVERBUILD® Expanding Foam, or Joint Backer Rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Where the sealant is used in a joint configuration, masking tape should be used to prevent contamination of adjacent substrates, and ensure a neat sealing line. Masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling. The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good contact between the sealant and the substrate. Tooling of the
sealant also gives a smooth, professional finish.
Apply 6 mm diameter beads of adhesive direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40 mm centers. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action.
Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours).
If required, EVERBUILD® STIXALL® may also be used to seal around the mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure).
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit or EVERBUILD® Wonder Wipes. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means.