No More Ply 1200x600x6mm Pre-Primed Tile Backer Boards
Additional Products (Optional)
- Downloads No More Ply 6mm Technical Data.pdf, No More Ply Installation Guide.pdf, No More Ply Safety Data.pdf
6mm PrePrimed NoMorePly strengthens timber foors before tiling. They prevent tiles and grout lines cracking by removing the flex in timber foors caused by footfall. Slim 6mm boards provide the same strength as 15mm plywood and so reduce the ‘step’ into the tiled area.
6mm PrePrimed NoMorePly is also water resistant, unlike plywood which weakens when damp. Plus, it’s also A1 fire rated for your peace of mind.
Using Mega Strength polyurethane adhesive to fix boards makes installation quick and now being already primed, NoMorePly boards are the fastest to fit in the market.
OVERBOARDING TIMBER FLOORS
1) First prepare the site. Remove all old existing floor coverings. Next, screw down any loose floorboards (timber or chipboard) firmly and sweep the area clean. You are now ready to start with the boarding.
2) Run two small beads of Mega Strength Polyurethane Adhesive onto the back of the No More Ply sheet. Lay in position and screw down using 25mm No More Ply screws. Screws should be inserted with a cordless screwdriver and 8 screws per sheet is usually sufficient. Always stagger the joints.
3) Run a small bead of Mega Strength Polyurethane Adhesive onto the edge of the laid boards and lay the next board adjacent butting the two together. Screw this down as previously described. This method will help to seal and reinforce the joints.
WARNING: Mega Strength Polyurethane Adhesive is an amazingly strong and waterproof glue so always wear gloves and wipe off any excess glue quickly with an old cloth. Solvent can be used in cases of spillage
4) For straight cuts simply score with the No More Ply Scoring Knife and snap the board across a length of timber or other ridge. For curves or more intricate shapes a jigsaw can be used. For working around pipes a tile nipper can also be used.
OVERBOARDING CONCRETE FLOORS
1) No More Ply is ideal for covering dirty, cracked, worn out concrete floors. Always remove loose material, clean thoroughly and prime with 1 coat of SBR Primer (1 part SBR to 3 parts water) before laying No More Ply over concrete in order to seal in the dust and porous surface.
2) For straight cuts score with the No More Ply Scoring Knife and snap the board across a length of timber or other ridge. For curves or more intricate shapes a jigsaw can be used. For working around pipes a tile nipper can also be used.
Please note that the 9mm No More Ply board may need 3 or 4 scores to ensure a clean snap.
4) When the floor is covered with No More Ply board allow the adhesive to set - please see the adhesive manufacturers guidelines on setting time for this. Cold or damp conditions will delay setting times. Sweep floors clean and you are ready for your tiling cement.
- 50 screws are enough for 6 boards
- 200 screws are enough for 25 boards
- No More Ply holds the heaviest tiles. 100kg per m2 is no problem when fitted correctly
- 6mm boards are 1200mm x 600mm = 0.72m2
- 12mm boards are 1200mm x 800mm = 0.96m2
- 1 tube of Mega Strength for every 5 boards
- 1 litre of No More Ply Tiler's Primer - diluted 3:1 with water = 40m2
SEE TECHNICAL DATA SHEETS FOR MORE INFORMATION