Mapei Mapegum WPS - Fast Drying Tanking Membrane - 10kg
Additional Products (Optional)
- Downloads Mapei Mapegum WPS Safety Data.pdf, Mapei Mapegum WPS Technical Data.pdf 1.1 MiB 18/08/2021 11:53:53
Fast drying flexible liquid membrane for waterproofing
WHERE TO USE
Waterproofing indoor floor and wall surfaces that are not subject to rising damp. Flexible, anti-fracture membrane. Apply before the installation of ceramic tiles or stone material.
Mapegum WPS may be used on the following:
- plasterboard, gypsum or cementitious render, lightweight cement block and marine-plywood;
- cementitious, anhydrite, wooden and magnesite substrates and existing ceramic and natural stone after the application of Eco Prim T primer.
Product certified EC1 Plus by the GEV Institute (Gemeinschaft Emissions-kontrollierte Verlegewerkstoffe e.V) as a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds.
- Ready to use.
- Rapid application.
- Floor coverings may be installed after just 12 hours.
- Excellent elongation properties.
- No reinforcement required
Some application examples
- Waterproofing walls and floors in bathrooms and shower cubilces before laying ceramic tiles, natural stone and mosaic
- Waterproofing kitchen walls and floors and work tops before laying ceramic tiles and natural stone.
Mapegum WPS is a ready-to-use, solvent-free, one-component, grey-coloured paste with a base of synthetic resins in water dispersion.
Mapegum WPS has a thixotropic consistency which makes it easy to apply on horizontal, sloping and vertical surfaces. After rapid evaporation of the water content, Mapegum WPS forms a flexible membrane which is not sticky and which is strong enough to withstand light pedestrian traffic. It also forms an excellent surface which bonds perfectly to adhesives used for laying ceramics, marble and natural stone.
The flexibility of Mapegum WPS enables it to withstand normal expansion and contraction movements of the substrate due to temperature variations and vibrations. Thanks to the flexibility of Mapegum WPS, it acts as an anti-fracture membrane for substrates which are subject to light cracking (< 1 mm). Mapegum WPS is resistant to water, limewater (pH > 12), water which contains chlorides and normal household detergents and cleaning products.
Systems based on the use of Mapegum WPS flexible membrane, on which various types of tiles have been laid using MAPEI cementitious-based adhesives (such as Granirapid, Keraflex and Adesilex P9) and water dispersion adhesives (Ultramastic III), have been certified for use in damp environments by the following institutes:
- Säurefliesner (Germany)
- Sp Swedish National Testing & Research Institute (Sweden)
- Norwegian Research and Building Institute (Norway)
- Do not apply Mapegum WPS if the temperature is lower than +5°C.
- Create sloping surfaces where necessary to avoid the formation of puddles of water.
- Do not apply Mapegum WPS on damp cementitious substrates or on substrates which are subject to rising damp.
- Do not apply Mapegum WPS on bitumen or asphalt membranes which could bleed oil or plasticizers.
- Do not use Mapegum WPS on surfaces continuously immersed in liquid such as swimming pools, fountains, storage tanks, etc. Use Mapelastic or Mapelastic Smart for these types of application.
- Do not use Mapegum WPS to cover cracks which are subject to shearing movements.
- Mapegum WPS must be protected from abrasion caused by pedestrian traffic by installing ceramic tiles or stone material.
SEE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET FOR MORE INFORMATION