Mapei Mapeguard WP200 - Waterproofing & Decoupling Membrane - 5m
Additional Products (Optional)
- Downloads Mapei Mapeguard WP System Technical Data.pdf, Mapei Mapeguard WP200 Technical Data.pdf
Mapei Mapeguard WP 200 - Waterproofing & Decoupling Membrane, Alkali-resistant, waterproofing and decoupling membrane under ceramic and natural stone tiles
WHERE TO USE Waterproofing and decoupling membrane, made of soft polyethylene, for direct application under ceramic and natural stone tiles with thin-set mortar.
SOME APPLICATION EXAMPLES
- Mapeguard WP 200 is a bonded waterproofing and decoupling membrane used in wet and damp areas in residential and commercial buildings such as domestic and hotel bathrooms, private or commercial showers, whorls of swimming pools and small size balcons
- Waterproofing membrane on moisture-sensitive substrates (such as gypsum plasters and gypsum fiber boards, calcium sulphate screeds) and mineral surfaces (such as cement plaster, porous concrete, concrete, cement screed, cement-based panels).
- Anti-Fracture membrane to prevent cracked tiles where movement / thermal stress may be present. For example, installing on a challenging substrate such as a heated floor system.
Mapeguard WP 200 is a flexible, thin-layer, waterproof isolating sheet of polyethylene, coated on both sides with a non-woven polypropylene fabric. The non-woven fabric ensures a relevant bond strength of the adhesive between the membrane and the substrate/covering.
- Colour - Grey
- Total Width - 1000mm (+/-5mm)
- Total Thickness (approx) - 0.44 - 048mm
- Material Weight (approx) - 251 - 256 g/sq./m
- Resistant to Temp min/max - -30 / +90 degree celsius
- High tensile strength.
- High tensile bond strength adhesive connection with tile adhesives.
- Do not use Mapeguard WP 200 if the environmental temperature is lower than +5°C.
- The use of Mapeguard WP 200 as a decoupling membrane does not avoid the need of movement joints.
- Mapeguard WP 200 is not permanent UV-resistant and so it has to be covered with a ceramic or natural stone.
- All the in force national peculiarities and guidelines have to be observed.
- Do not apply any smoothing layer after the bonding of Mapeguard WP 200.
SEE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET FOR MORE INFORMATION