Ultra Tile Pro Primer - Advanced Polymer Primer - 1 Litre
- Downloads Ultra Tile Fix ProPrimer Safety Data.pdf, Ultra Tile Fix ProPrimer Technical Datasheet.pdf
Ensure the application area is thoroughly dry and in a sound and stable condition. The surface must be free from contaminants that may hinder adhesion such as dust, oils and grease. All laitance and surface treatments must be removed. Surfaces must be roughened by mechanical scabbing to enhance the key. All surfaces should be free from dust and thoroughly clean before the primer is applied. Underfloor heating must be switched off for at least 48 hours before and after application. When applying Ultra Tile Pro Primer onto a calcium sulphate screed the following preparation should also be considered in addition to the above. It is particularly important that calcium sulphate screeds are ensured dry and below 75 percent RH. These screeds are also prone to surface laitance and therefore should be mechanically abraded to remove this weak surface.
Suitable surfaces & substrates:
- Concrete (porous)
- Sand/cement screed (porous)
- Plywood overlay (15mm min, non-porous)
- Tile backer boards (porous)
- Cement faced fibre boards (porous)
- Anhydrite screeds (porous)
- Tile on Tile (non-porous)*
- Firm and stable plaster (porous)
- Plasterboard (porous)
- Sand/cement render (porous)
- Concrete brick/block (porous)
- Hard vinyl tiles (non-porous)
- Flooring grade asphalt (non-porous)
The product should be applied using a brush or roller and scrubbed well into the surface to avoid pooling. Allow to fully dry. For multi-coats, ensure each coat dries before you apply the next.
Ultra Tile Pro Primer should always be diluted before use.
- 1st coat: 3 parts water/1 part primer
- 2nd coat: 1 parts water/1 part primer
Very absorbent subfloors will always require a 3rd coat at 1 parts water/1 part primer. Under good drying conditions, Ultra Tile Pro Primer should be ready to receive an additional coat after 1-2 hours.
1 coat neat.
- Unit Size: 1 litre & 5 litre Bottles
- Colour: Milky White / Dries Clear
- Coverage: 1 to 1 Dilution 14 sq./m - 20 sq./m
- 3 to 1 Dilution 28 sq./m - 40 sq./m
- Neat 5 sq./m - 10m sq./m
- Application Temperatures: 5 Degree Celsius to 25 Degrees Celsius
Tools should be thoroughly cleaned with water to remove excess material immediately after use and before adhesive sets.
POINTS OF NOTE
All tiling should follow the correct British/European standard, and incorporate movement joints as specified therein.
This product must be stored in unopened bottles, in a frost free environment out of direct sunlight. Avoid frost. Ideal storage temperatures are between 5 Degree Celsius to 25 Degrees Celsius
Under the above storage conditions this product has a shelf life of 12 months.