Tramex Concrete Moisture Meter / Encounter X5 - CMEX5
- Downloads Tramex CMEX5 User Guide.pdf, Tramex CMEX5 Technical Data.pdf, Tramex CMEX5 Quick Start Guide.pdf
Tramex Concrete Moisture Meter / Encounter X5 - CMEX5
Concrete Moisture Meter For Measuring Moisture Content And Relative Humidity In Concrete Floors And Slabs, Wood & Building Materials
Create visual moisture maps and reports with Tramex meters App
The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 - CMEX5 is a non-destructive digital concrete moisture meter for measuring quantitative moisture content in concrete floors and slabs. The CMEX5 also has a Relative Humidity Meter function as it features a built-in Hygrometer that measures Ambient Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point, and Humidity Ratio (or Mixing Ratio) of the environment. A bayonet plug-in port allows for optional wood pin probes or Tramex Hygro-i2 Relative Humidity Sensors for measuring relative humidity in concrete as per ASTM F2170.
The CMEX5 concrete moisture meter determines instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. This concrete moisture meter tests the concrete to a depth of approximately 20mm (3⁄4") into the slab. The CMEX5 also provides quantitative Carbide Method equivalent readings for Concrete and Anhydrite/Gypsum substrates and screeds. In addition, the CMEX5 has two reference scales for comparative readings making this moisture meter suitable to perform a concrete moisture test as per ASTM F2659.
This top quality concrete moisture meter with its Hygrometer and optional external pin and RH probe functionalities, is the ultimate tool for testing of concrete and flooring for professionals in the concrete coatings, wood flooring or water damage restoration industry to help prevent moisture problems on concrete floors.
The use of the CMEX5 can be extended with the optional Concrete Moisture Probe which measures in-situ quantitative moisture content within the concrete to an extendable depth of up to 4" (100mm).
Moisture Mapping & Data Documentation
Concrete moisture test results can be visualized with the Tramex Meters App and turned into moisture maps, reports and charts for sharing. Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices also helps to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos.
Non-destructive test (NDT) mode: The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 is a non-destructive digital multi moisture meter for concrete floors and slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture content using Gravimetric testing as a baseline. The CMEX5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readings for concrete and anhydrite/gypsum substrates and screeds, as well as comparative readings as per ASTM F2659.
Hygrometer mode: The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5's built-in Ambient Relative Humidity Sensor measures Ambient Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point, and Humidity Ratio (or Mixing Ratio) of the environment.
Equilibrium Relative Humidity mode (optional plug-in probe): Using the optional plug-in Hygro-i2 RH probes, the CMEX5 concrete moisture meter will measure Equilibrium Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point and Humidity Ratio in structural materials. A structural material such as a concrete slab can be tested using the in-situ method or RH Hood methods (International Standards: ASTM F2170 & BS 8201, 8203, 5325). Relative Humidity Probes can also be used for ambient RH measurements within air spaces.
PIN Meter mode (optional plug-in probe): The Tramex CMEX5 concrete moisture meter becomes a resistance type meter and measures the percentage moisture content (%MC) of wood when used with the optional plug-in PIN meter. International wood standards or pre-programmed wood species can be selected. PIN meter mode can also be used for Drywall and WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings for other building materials.
Concrete Moisture Meter Features
- 4 modes of measurement: Non-destructive moisture measurement, ambient hygrometer, and optional external in-situ hygrometer and wood pin probe.
- 5 Non-Destructive test (NDT) Scales: Concrete %MC, CM Concrete (Carbide Method equivalent for concrete), CM Anhydrite/Gypsum (Carbide Method equivalent), Gypsum Reference 0-12 and a Reference scale.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 20mm (3⁄4") into the concrete slab, for reproducible and reliable results.
- The built-in Hygrometer probe provides Ambient Relative Humidity (%RH) readings, temperature, dew-point temperature and Humidity Ratio.
- Pin-probe mode for 5% to 30% Moisture Content measurement in Wood; 7 -100 comparative (WME), using Pin-type probe attachments. (optional)
- Attaches to a reusable relative humidity Hygro-i2 ® probe for in situ and hood testing of concrete per BS 8201, 8203, 5325 and ASTM F2170. (optional)
- Airspace conditions of Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew-point and Humidity Ratio (using optional RH probes)
- Moisture readings and scale are displayed on a large, clear easy-to-read clear digital display: 2.3" x 1.4" (58mm x 35mm).
- Front lit display allows the CMEX5 concrete moisture meter's display to be easily read in poor light conditions.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold Function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
Size: 180mm x 85mm x 40mm (7.1" x 3.4" x 1.6")
Weight: 357g (12.59oz)
Construction: ABS Body
Power: 2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
Depth of penetration in concrete: approx. 20mm (3⁄4")
Moisture content for Concrete: 0 → 6.9 %
Comparative for Gypsum floor screed: 0 → 12
CM Equiv Anhydrite/Concrete: 0→2.7 / 0→4.3
Reference scale: 0 → 100
Relative Humidity: 0 → 99%
(with optional Hygro-i2 ® probe): 0% → 99%RH +/- 2% @ 25°C / 77°F
Moisture content for wood (with optional wood pin probes): 5 → 30 %
Concrete Moisture Meter Design
Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear digital dial.