Mapei Topcem Hydraulic Binder 20kg - Half Pallet - 25 Bags
HALF PALLET - 25 x 20kg
*Half pallet deals are shipped directly from Mapei. For same day despatch, orders need to be placed before 12.30pm. A tail-lift will be specified for the unloading of the pallet. Please include any important delivery instructions/access in the "Notes" when completing your order.
Next Day Delivery is available for £42 (including VAT).
Economy Delivery is avaiable for £24 (Approx. 2-3 working days)*
Special hydraulic binder for normal setting, fast drying 4 days and controlled shrinkage screeds
WHERE TO USE
Formation of bonded, unbonded and floating screeds on both existing and new concrete prior to the installation of wood, PVC, linoleum, ceramic tiles, natural stone, carpet or any other flooring where rapid drying is required for short installation times.
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Some application examples
- Formation of screeds set to light foot traffic after 12 hours and completely dry after 4 days, for laying resilient flooring and 4 days for wooden flooring.
- Formation of screeds on which ceramic tiles can be laid after 24 hours and natural stone after 2 days.
- Patching and repairing floor screeds where rapid restoration is required.
- Preparation of screeds incorporating underfloor heating systems without the need for polymer additives.
Topcem is a special hydraulic binder which, when mixed with graded aggregates and water, can produce mortars that can harden in approximately 24 hours, and dry in approximately 4 days.
- Do not mix Topcem with other cement, lime, gypsum or Mapecem etc.
- Do not leave Topcem dry-mixed with aggregates, immediately add the correct quantity of water to the mix.
- Do not mix Topcem just with fine sand, use aggregates graded from 0 to 8 mm for screeds up to 5 - 6 cm thick.
- Do not mix Topcem with an excessive quantity of water.
- Do not add water and remix Topcem after it has started to set.
Preparating the substrate All substrates are suitable for receiving a Topcem screed. Isolate the substrate with a sheet of polyethylene or similar; in the case of rising damp provide a suitable waterproof membrane. If the screed is not of the self-bearing type, and the old cementitious, stone or ceramic substrate needs to be dry, resistant to compression and tension, free from cracks, dust, loose material, oil, paint, wax and traces of gypsum. For other types of substrates consult MAPEI's Technical Service.
On average there is more time available for laying and working with Topcem screeds compared to traditional cement screeds. However the ambient temperature influences the setting and drying times.