Mapei Primer G - Water Based Synthetic Resin - 1 Litre
Treating gypsum or anhydrite surfaces prior to installing ceramic tiles and stone material with cementitious adhesives or levelling. surfaces to be treated must be clean and porous.
Dilute with water from 1:1 to 1:3 to protect old floors before levelling, to consolidate residual dusting and to provide even absorption of substrates prior to levelling or laying.
Apply on perfectly dry gypsum or anhydrite surfaces (residual moisture content less then 0.5%)
- Minimum Drying Time: 2 hours
- Application: Brush or Spray
- Storage: 24 months - Protect from frost
- Consumption: 100 - 200g - sq / m depending on use
Where to use:
- For treating gypsum surfaces prior to fixing ceramic tiles.
- As an anchoring coat for gypsum-based sprayable plasters.
- To improve the bonding of smoothing compounds on cement, gypsum, asphalt, ceramic and marble surfaces cement based and calcium sulphate-based screeds and asphalt.
- To provide uniform absorption in cementitious or gypsum surfaces.
Some application examples:
- Preparing cement-based surfaces prior to smoothing with self-levelling or thixotropic smoothing compounds.
- Between layers of smoothing compounds once the first coat is perfectly dry.
- On gypsum plasters prior to smoothing with cementitious products.
- On anhydrite surfaces prior to applying cement based products.
- On cementitious renders prior to smoothing with gypsum based products.
- On gypsum walls as a fixative for wallpaper adhesives.
- Before installing ceramic tiles with cementitious adhesives on:
– anhydrite screeds.
– fibrous-gypsum panels;
– prefabricated gypsum panels;
– gypsum plasters and sprayed gypsum;
- Treating gypsum walls, chipboard, cement fibre boards, foamed concrete, renders etc. prior to papering or painting.