Mapei Mapelastic AquaDefense Liquid Tanking Solution - 7.5kg
Additional Products (Optional)
- Downloads Mapei Mapelastic Aquadefense Technical Data.pdf, Mapei Mapelastic Aquadefense Safety Data.pdf
Ready-to-use, ultraquick drying, flexible liquid membrane for internal and external waterproofing
Where to Use
To form waterproofing layers before applying ceramic, stone and mosaic coatings in:
- Balconies and terraces;
- Bathrooms and shower cubicles
- Laundry rooms;
- Saunas and damp environments in general.
Mapelastic AquaDefense may be applied on:
- Cementitious screeds and screeds made using special binders (Topcem, Topcem Pronto,Mapecem or Mapecem Pronto);
- Plasterboard (for internal applications only);
- Existing coatings in ceramic, terrazzo and stone;
- Cementitious render.
Mapelastic AquaDefense is supplied ready to use.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is a rapid product:
– resists rainwater 1 hour after applying the first coat and 3 hours after applying the second coat.
– ceramic may be bonded after 4 hours
(at +23°C and 50% R.H. when applied on a dry screed with less than 3% residual moisture).
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is elastic: at +23°C it has 3.2 mm crack-bridging capacity without reinforcement.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is a totally solvent-free, ready-to-use, ultra-quick drying, one-component light blue, synthetic resin based paste in water dispersion.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is easy to apply using a long-haired roller, brush or trowel on horizontal, sloping and vertical surfaces.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense dries very quickly to form a flexible membrane without a sticky surface. It is resistant to light pedestrian traffic after just 3 hours and forms an excellent grip with all types of adhesive for laying ceramic, stone material and mosaic of all kinds.
- The flexible nature of Mapelastic AquaDefense helps it withstand normal movements caused by expansion and shrinkage of the substrate due to temperature variations and vibration.
- Tiles laid on floors waterproofed with Mapelastic AquaDefense by using C2F-class MAPEI adhesives (such as Granirapid, Elastorapid, etc.) and grouted with Ultracolor Plus may be opened to pedestrian traffic within 12 hours of starting the work.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense is resistant to water, lime-water (ph > 12), and detergents commonly used for cleaning residential environments.
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense if the temperature is lower than +5°C.
- Mapelastic AquaDefense must always be covered with ceramic, mosaic or stone.
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense on cementitious substrates or on substrates with residual humidity higher
than 3% and recurring rising damp.
- Do not apply Mapelastic AquaDefense on crumbly cementitious substrates, old floors which are not well bonded to the substrate or surface treatments which impede a good bond.
- Do not use Mapelastic AquaDefense to cover cracks.
- Protect the surface from rain for at least
1 hour after applying the first coat and
3 hours after applying the second coat
(times refer to +23°C and 50% relative humidity of the air when the product is applied on dried screeds with a residual moisture lower than 3%).