Mapei Mapeheat Membrane - Heating Cable Carrier Mat - 5m
Additional Products (Optional)
Mapeheat Membrane is a lightweight uncoupling, anti-fracture and waterproofing membrane for electrical underfloor heating. This patented membrane is designed to speed up the installation of tile and stone in interior rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens and living areas where the luxury of radiant floor heating is desired.
Mapeheat Membrane’s thinprofile works well with remodelling projects where the new floor will be installed directly over a pre-existing one. Once theheating cable is set within Mapeheat Membrane’s rounded square reliefs, a tile adhesive or levelling/ smoothing compound can be applied immediately.
The product is supplied on a roll which is 1 metre wide and 5 metres long (5 sq./m)
MAPEHEAT MEMBRANE AND PURE ADHESION'S LAVA ELECTRIC LOOSE CABLE HEATING WIRE
The heat output of loose cable depends on the quality of the cable itself, as well as the spacing of the wires. Below is a guide to the heat output achieved using the high grade Lava loose cable in Mapei Mapeheat Membrane. NB The squares / notches are referred to in our guide as pillars.
- 2 pillars wire spacing = 65mm = 185 watts per square metre
- Alternating 2 pillars / 3 pillars wire spacing = Average Spacing of 80mm = 150 watts per square metre
- 3 pillars wire spacing = 95mm = 125 watts per square metre
Use the table in the description of the Lava cable to establish which length of cable you require to cover the area you want to heat, reative to your preferred cable spacing and heat output. We recommend 150 watts per square metre to suit most applications.
WHERE TO USE
- Use under ceramic, porcelain and natural stone tiles in interior residential spaces such as kitchens, bathrooms, shower floors and living areas.
- Use as a substrate for self-levellers under engineered wood, luxury vinyl tiles, luxury vinyl planks, laminate flooring and mosaic tile.
APPLICATION EXAMPLES OF MAPEHEAT MEMBRANE OVER
- Concrete cured for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Sand and cement screeds cured for a minimum of 7 days and capable of supporting tile installation traffic without leaving any indentations.
- Tile backer boards – see manufacturer’s installation guidelines
- Exterior grade plywood at a minimum thickness as outlined in the local standards
- Existing, well-bonded ceramic tile and stable natural stone
- Existing, firmly bonded existing luxury vinyl tiles.
- Existing, cement terrazzo floors
- Helps prevent transmission of in-plane substrate cracks up to 3 mm
- Recommended for use with polymer-modified adhesives
- Thin profile: Membrane thickness is less than 6mm
- Minimal roll memory for faster installation
- Heating cable installs easily, lays flat and secure
- Inhibits mould growth
- Stick the membrane down using flexible S1 grade tile adhesive.
- Do not use over cracks or control joints subject to out-of-plane movement, or where in-plane movement exists greater than 3mm.
- Do not cover expansion joints.
- Do not use over substrates containing asbestos, laminate, metal, fibreglass or similar dimensionally unstable materials.
- Do not use for submerged applications or for floors subject to standing water.
- Do not use in exterior applications.
- Do not install moisture-sensitive tile or stone with water-based setting materials. Note: On occasion, dimensionally weak natural-stone tile that normally would not be categorised as moisture-sensitive (such as travertine, limestone, marble and agglomerates) can exhibit doming, cupping or curling when installed over impervious membranes such as Mapeheat Membrane.
- Do not use on bituminous substrates.
- Do not use on highly flammable material.
- Do not use with solid, hardwood flooring.
- Before the installation of mosaic tile, a self-leveller must be applied over Mapeheat Membrane at a minimum thickness of 6 mm above the highest point of the membrane.
FOR APPLICATION PROCEDURE PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET, OR DISCUSS WITH MAPEI TECHNICAL, OR PURE ADHESION LTD