Mapei Granirapid Flexible Rapid Set Adhesive GREY - 48 Bags & Bottles
- Downloads Mapei Granirapid Technical Data.pdf, Mapei Granirapid Comp B Safety Data.pdf, Mapei Granirapid Part A Safety Data.pdf, Mapei Granirapid Part A White Safety Data.pdf
FULL PALLET - 48 x 20kg & 48 x 4.4kg - FREE ECONOMY DELIVERY (Approx. 2-3 WORKING DAYS)*
*Full pallet deals are shipped directly from Mapei. For same day despatch, orders need to be placed before 12.30pm. A tail-lift will be specified for the unloading of the pallet. Please include any important delivery instructions/access in the "Notes" when completing your order.
Next Day Delivery is available for £42 (including VAT).
Two-component rapid set high performance deformable (S1) adhesive for ceramic tiles and stone materials
WHERE TO USE
For bonding all kinds of interior and exterior ceramic tiles; conglomerate, artificial and natural stone and marble on walls or floors. For bonding rubber flooring for cement installations (stalk back or dove-tailed back) on all traditional substrates in interiors, exteriors and in environments subject to heavy traffic.
Some application examples
- Ceramic and vitreous mosaics, single-fired and double-fired ceramic tiles, terracotta floor-tiles, klinker tiles, porcelain tiles, etc.;
- conglomerate or artificial stones, natural stone (marble, granite, etc.) which require adhesives with fast drying times; on
- bonded or unbonded cement screeds provided they are sufficiently cured;
- underfloor undertile heating installations;
- bonded or unbonded Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem or Topcem Pronto screeds;
- existing floors (ceramic tiles, natural stone, terrazzo tiles, etc.) after cleaning and degreasing. The exceptional bond and fast-setting characteristics make Granirapid particularly suitable for rapid re-tiling jobs or flooring that has to be turned around very quickly (supermarkets, factories, hospitals, airports, etc.).
Granirapid is a two-component adhesive composed of a special hydraulic and silica sand (part A) and a synthetic rubber latex (part B). Granirapid has particularly fast setting and hydration times so that floors are set to light foot traffic after 3 hours and completely cured after only 24 hours. Granirapid has very low shrinkage and excellent bonding characteristics making it suitable for most difficult substrates. Its mechanical properties make it resistant to impact, vibration, temperature changes, ageing and dilute chemical reagents.
Do not use Granirapid:
- on walls or floors subject to intense movement (chipboard or wood agglomerates, asbestos cement board, etc.);
- on metal surfaces;
- on artificial, conglomerate or natural marble subject to exceptional moisture movement, on green marble, certain sandstones and slates. Use Keralastic only.
Preparing the substrate
All substrates onto which Granirapid will be applied must be flat, mechanically strong, free from loose parts, grease, oil, paint, wax, etc. Cementitious substrates must not continue to shrink after the installation of the tiles. Renders must be cured at least 2 weeks and cementitious screeds must be cured for at least 3-4 weeks, unless they have been produced with special MAPEI binders for screeds such as Mapecem or Topcem or a ready mixed mortar such as Mapecem Pronto or Topcem Pronto.
Dampen the surfaces with water to cool down, if they should be too warm from exposure to direct sunlight. Gypsum substrates and anhydrite screeds must be perfectly dry (maximum residual moisture 0.5%), sufficiently hard and free from dust. It is essential that they be treated with Primer G or Mapeprim SP. In areas subject to moisture, prime the substrate with Primer S.