Larsen DuoMat 360 Anti Crack & Decoupling Matting - 30m
Larsen duomat 360 is a low profile membrane providing a decoupling system for all floor tiling. Designed to accommodate and decouple lateral movement and stresses in substrates. Ideal for use with timber floors, natural stone, large format tiles, heated floors, cracked floors etc. 30 x 1 metre. Less than 1mm thick.
- Easy to install
- Fast track installation
- 2 in 1 anti-crack & decoupling
- Minimal height build-up (<1mm)
- Ideal for underfloor heating
- Commercial and domestic use
- Less adhesive (compared to installation of ‘waffle’ type decoupling mats)
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Larsen duomat 360 is only suitable for use on floors.
- All substrates must be solid, rigid, stable and free from excessive deflection or other movement.
- Ensure the substrate is sufficiently level and load-bearing for the tiling installation and duty. It should be free from loose materials, grease, oil etc. or other barriers to adhesion.
- Gypsum based substrates must have a moisture content of less than 0.5%. They must have been mechanically prepared and be primed as follows: first coat Acrylic Primer diluted 1:1 with water and allowed to dry; second coat Acrylic Primer applied neat.
- Timber based substrates should be conditioned and sufficiently dry. Existing timber sheet materials should be minimum 15mm flooring grade and screw-fixed at 300mm centres. Floorboards should be screw-fixed to joists at 300mm centres with 2 screws per board width. If insufficient support exists or the floor is subject to excessive deflection or spring, it should be over-boarded with suitable tile backer board or a minimum 15mm plywood overlay prior to the installation of Larsen duomat360.
- Roll out Larsen Anti-crack Mat, measure and cut to size with scissors or knife. The roll is printed with 50mm square grid for ease of measurement. Roll sheet back up.
- Apply a flexible fast setting tile adhesive to the substrate with a 4x4mm notched trowel. Roll the mat into the adhesive and smooth with the flat edge of the trowel ensuring there are no air pockets.
- The tiles can then be fitted as soon as the tile adhesive has set. Although not essential, it is recommended to use a flexible rapid set adhesive to install the tiles.
- When installing the adhesive and tiles onto the mat, take extra care so as not to de-bond the mat from the substrate.All expansion joints and other construction movement joints must be carried through the Larsen duomat 360 and tiling installation. Sheets of Larsen duomat 360 should be cut to permit this.
- All tiling should be carried to current best practice including British Standards and TTA Guidance documents.
- Note the mat can be installed either way up.
The substrate must be sufficiently stable and load-bearing for the tiling installation and duty. For use on floors only.
Do not bridge joints. Larsen duomat 360 cannot be used as a final layer.
- Any cracks in the substrate must be static and less than 2mm wide.
- For outdoor applications this mat is to be protected with a suitable, flexible sealing slurry.
- Larsen duomat 360 is not waterproof, when waterproofing is required, joints between sheets must be sealed with tanking tape and the entire surface then coated with Tanking Membrane.