Jackoboard Steam & Wetroom Bench Seating Kit - 1200mm - CURVED with Backrest
- Downloads Jackoboard Curved Edge Seating Kit with Backrest Assembly Instructions.pdf
The Curved Edge Kit with Backrest Contains:-
• 4 x 50mm Profiled Vertical Ribs
• 1 x Seat Back 1200 x 600 x 30mm
• 1 x Seat Back 1200 x 210 x 30mm
• 1 x Seat Support 1200 x 230 x 40mm
• 1 x Back Support 1200 x 100 x 40mm
• 1 x Seat Front Board 1200 x 300 x 30mm
• 2 x Flexo Plus Boards 1200 x 600 x 30mm
• 3 x 290ml Board Fix Adhesive
• Screws and Washers to aid assembly whilst adhesive is curing
• Comprehensive assembly instructions
Dimensions are maximum size but benches can easily be reduced in each dimension with hand tools, to the individual components before assembly.
Each bench is Supplied 1200mm long
1. Take the four Support Profiles (Parts A) and place them upright on your bench.
2. Lay generous beads of Board Fix Adhesive into the top notch of each Profile.
3. Take the Back Support piece (Part E) and firmly press it into these recesses.
4. Lay a generous bead of Board Fix Adhesive into the lower notches of the profiles.
5. Take the Seat Support piece (Part D) and firmly press it into these recesses.
Use one fixing per recess. Allow the unit to cure for a few minutes.
6. Now screw and washer fix through each Support piece into the Support Profiles.
the four profiles.
7. Now take the Lower Back Section (Part C) and bond it with Board Fix Adhesive to the lower back sections of
Check the structure for square and vertical and allow the unit to cure for a few minutes.
8. Take the Top Back Section (Part B) and bond it to the top sections of the Support Profiles with Board Fix Adhesive.
Check for square and allow the unit to cure for a few minutes.
9. Now screw and washer fix through the Seat Backs into the profiles at the rate of one fixing per back section.
Allow the whole structure to cure for at least four hours.
10. Remove the screw and washer fixings for re-use.
11. Take one of the Flexo Plus Boards (Part G) and trim it along its length to finish at approximately point (i)
as indicated on the Parts drawing.
Allow it to slightly overlap the top of the seat to be trimmed later.
12. Apply a generous bead of adhesive to the Support Profiles and back Support E from the top of the seat to point (i).
13. Press the trimmed Flexo Plus Board firmly onto the adhesive beads making sure the cuts are facing inwards.
14. Now Screw and washer fix the Flexo Board at three points as indicated against each Seat Support section.
15. Similarly, take the other Flexo Plus Board, butt it tightly up to the first piece, and trim it to finish at approximately point (ii)
as indicated on the Parts drawing.
16. Apply a generous bead of adhesive to the appropriate parts of the Support Profiles and Seat Support D.
17. Press the Flexo Plus piece onto the Supports, making sure the cuts are facing inwards.
18. Screw and washer fix the Flexo Board to the Seat Supports at three fixings per support as indicated.
19. Take the Front Board (Part F) and trim it approximately to the depth required to fill the space between the bottom
of the support piece (allow an overlap to be trimmed later) and the Flexo Plus Board.
20. Apply adhesive to the remaining areas of the Support Profiles and press the Front Board into place.
21. Now screw and washer fix through the Front Board into the Support Profiles.Position the fixings as shown.
22. When the construction is fully cured (overnight) trim off any excess Flexo Board.
You can install it into your steam room or wet room using the Board Fix Adhesive.
Obviously, trial a dry fit before applying any adhesive.
We then advise that you seal all the joints between the seat unit and the room with the Jackoboard Sealing Kit.
23. The screw and washer fixings may be removed before tiling if desired.
Please view the Data Sheets for full Assembly Instructions with images