Mapei Mapeband PE120 - Internal Corner
PVC corner for waterproofing systems created using liquid membranes
WHERE TO USE
- Waterproofing corners between adjacent walls and between walls and floors to be treated with Mapegum WPS.
- Sealing pipe-work and drains in bathrooms, showers and kitchens with special Mapeband PE 120 seals.
Mapeband PE 120 is made from polyester mesh and PVC fabric which is impermeable to water and vapour. Mapeband PE 120 is elastic and deformable. Mapeband PE 120 is also supplied in special shapes for use on internal and external of corners, and as seals for pipe-work in bathrooms, kitchens, showers etc. and drains
- To get a perfect seal in corners, use the special pre-shaped Mapeband PE 120 pieces.
- To get a perfect seal around pipe-work, use the special Mapeband PE 120 seals.
Apply a thin layer at least 1 mm thick of Mapegum WPS to the sides of the corners and expansion joints to be waterproofed with Mapeband PE 120. ,Embed the mesh part of Mapeband PE 120 tape or special shaped pieces (angle pieces and seals) in the layer of Mapegum WPS while it is still fresh with a smooth trowel. Mapegum WPS must also come into contact with at least a few mm of the PVC part of Mapeband PE 120. Joints between adjacent pieces of Mapeband PE 120 must be bonded using Adesilex T Super, solvent resin-based adhesive.
- 10 m and 5 m rolls, 120 mm wide.
- 90 Degree and 270 Degree angle pieces (boxes of 25)
- Seals for 120x120 mm through holes (boxes of 25)
- 425 x 425 mm through holes (boxes of 10).
We recommend keeping Mapeband PE 120 in its original packaging when storing on site.
PRODUCT FOR PROFESSIONAL USE
Although the technical details and recommendations contained in this product data sheet correspond to the best of our knowledge and experience, all the above information must, in every case, be taken as merely indicative and subject to confirmation after long-term practical application; for this reason, anyone who intends to use the product must ensure beforehand that it is suitable for the envisaged application. In every case, the user alone is fully responsible for any consequences deriving from the use of the product.
Please refer to the current version of the Technical Data Sheet,