Mapei Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex - 20Kg - White - Full Pallet Deal - 48 bags
- Downloads Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Flex Technical Data.pdf, Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set White Safety Data.pdf
Cement-based rapidsetting adhesive for interior and exterior floor and wall installations of ceramic and porcelain tiles and stone
- Walls & Floors
- Internal & External
- Swimming Pools
- Cementitious Mortars
- Gypsum Plaster***
- Gypsum Boards
- Concrete Blocks
- Existing Ceramics
- Fibrous Concrete Panels
- Cementitious Screeds
- Concrete Slabs
- Mapei Levelling Comounds
- Asphalt Screeds
- Anhydrite Screeds (** & ***)
- Underfloor Heating
- Existing Ceramic, Terrazzo, Stone
- Marine Ply
(** Must be Mechanically Abraded)
(*** Prime First)
Ceramic-tiling mosaics and small size tiles (trowel no. 4): 2 kg/m2;
normal size tiles (trowel no. 5): 2.5-3 kg/m2;
large sizes, floors, exteriors
(trowel no. 6 or 10 or larger): 4-5kg/m2
Cement-based rapidsetting adhesive for interior and exterior floor and wall installations of ceramic and porcelain tiles and non-moisture sensitive natural stone
CLASSIFICATION IN COMPLIANCE WITH EN 12004
Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex is an improved (2), fast setting (F) cementitious (C) adhesive classified as C2F.
WHERE TO USE
Interior and exterior bonding of ceramic and porcelain tiles and mosaics and natural stone materials that are not sensitive to moisture. Use Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex white for the installation of light coloured natural stone. Spot bonding of insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene and polyurethane, gypsum board, glass and rock wool, wood-cement panels, formed-concrete blocks, sound-deadening panels etc.
Some application examples
- Rapid installation or renovation in areas subjected to pedestrian traffic.
- Rapid repair work in bathrooms, showers, kitchens, terraces and balconies.
- Installing marble and other natural stone not sensitive to moisture.
- Rapid installation onto rigid plywood overlaid floors (min. 15 mm ply).
- Underfloor Heating Installations
Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex is a powder composed of a mixture of special cements, selectively-graded aggregates, synthetic resins and setting accelerators that develop high bond strength only 3 hours after setting. For this reason floor and wall installations can be completed very quickly. Floors can be walked on after only 3 hours and are ready for general traffic after 24 hours. Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex when hardened is frost-proof and water resistant.
- On walls or floors subject to flexing or vibration (wooden or cement-fibre boards, gypsum boards, cement boards etc.) use a highly flexible adhesive (for example Keraquick mixed with Latex Plus).
- Mechanically abrade anhydrite screeds and prime with Eco Prim T or Primer G.
- On gypsum boards use flexible adhesives (for example Mapegrip D2 / Keraflex).
- On gypsum walls or gypsum plasters, apply a coat of Primer G before fixing with cement-based adhesives.
- On metal surfaces use Keralastic.
- For bonding expanded polystyrene insulating panels with a protective film use Mapegrip D2.
- Plywood overlaid floors must use a minimum of 15 mm WBP or marine grade plywood and be fixed at maximum 300 mm centres in all directions to provide a rigid substrate.
- Not suitable for use on plywood direct to joists or for floating floors.
SEE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET FOR MORE INFORMATION