Mapei Kerapoxy CQ - Two Part Epoxy Grout - Sea Blue (283) - 3 kg
Additional Products (Optional)
- Downloads Mapei Kerapoxy CQ Comp A Safety Data.pdf, Mapei Kerapoxy CQ Comp B Safety Data.pdf, Mapei Kerapoxy CQ Technical Data.pdf
Internal and external grouting of ceramic, stone and glass mosaic floor finishes. Particularly suitable for grouting large areas where easy application and cleaning is required. Kerapoxy CQ allows you to create floors, walls and worktops, etc. in compliance with the HACCP system and the requirements of EC Regulation No. 852/2004 regarding hygiene and foodstuffs. Also suitable for acid-resistant bonding and rapid setting of ceramic tiles, stone materials, fibre-cement, concrete and any other building material on all types of substrates normally used in construction.
Some application examples
- Grouting materials with an uneven surface where it would be difficult to apply and clean traditional epoxy mortar.
- Grouting of floor tile finishes in the foodstuffs industry (dairies, cheese factories, abattoirs, breweries, wineries, preserves factories, etc.), shops and environments where a high level of hygiene is required (ice-cream parlours, butchers shops, fishmongers, etc.).
- Grouting of anti-bacterial tiles.
- Grouting of surfaces where a high protection against the formation and proliferation of micro-organisms is required.
- Grouting tiles on laboratory benches, kitchen worktops, etc.
- Grouting industrial floor tile finishes (galvanizing plants, tanneries, battery rooms, paper works, etc.), where high mechanical strength and a high resistance to attack by acids is required.
- Grouting swimming pools, especially recommended for pools containing spa or sea water.
- Grouting floor tile finishes in steam rooms and Turkish baths.
- Acid-resistant bonding of tiles (used as an adhesive in compliance with class R2 specification according to EN 12004 standard).
- Bonding marble doorsteps and window-sills.
- Bonding tiles in plastic reinforced by fibre glass swimming pools.
- Bonding special pieces of tiles. Kerapoxy CQ may also be used to grout unglazed klinker, stone, polished porcelain or porcelain in contrasting colours. Always apply a small sample of the product in a trial area before using Kerapoxy CQ on wider surfaces.
Kerapoxy CQ is a two-component, epoxy resin-based product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds, with silica sand and other special components. It has excellent resistance to acids and is very easy to clean. Kerapoxy CQ has a bacteriostatic agent, preventing from the proliferation of bacteria and the formation of mould on the surfaces of grouts, making tiled surfaces hygienic and safe, thanks to the innovative BioBlock® technology developed as a result of MAPEI research. When applied correctly, it produces tile joints with the following characteristics:
- Excellent mechanical strength and resistance to chemicals, therefore excellent durability;
- Smooth and compact, surface finish which is non-absorbent and easy to clean; guarantees a high level of hygiene and blocks the formation of mildew and mould;
- High degree of hardness, excellent resistance to heavy traffic;
- No shrinkage and, therefore, no cracking;
- Uniform colour, resistant to atmospheric agents;
- Excellent workability, highly improved compared with traditional epoxy mortars thanks to its creamy consistency, which guarantees faster application times and makes it easier to clean the surfaces, with less waste and easier to obtain a good finish.
- Even if it already seems clean after passing over the surface with a rubber float, always clean the surface using a Scotch-Brite® pad and water, to emulsify traces of resin on the surface which could otherwise modify the final surface finish.
- Use Kerapoxy IEG to grout ceramic and where floor finishes will be subject to attack by oleic acids (ham curers, sausage factories, oil mills, etc.) and aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Use a flexible sealant from the MAPEI range (such as Mapesil AC, Mapesil LM or Mapeflex PU45) for flexible expansion joints or for joints subject to movement.
- Kerapoxy CQ does not guarantee perfect bonding if the edges of the tiles are wet or contaminated with cement, dust, oil, grease, etc. during grouting.
- Do not use Kerapoxy CQ to grout terracotta tiles, the finish of the tiles may be altered.
- Do not add water or solvents to Kerapoxy CQ to increase its workability.
- Use the product at temperatures between +12°C and +30°C. However, at temperatures below +15°C application may be more difficult.
- The packages are pre-dosed and, therefore, it is not possible to make mixing errors if all the contents are mixed together. Do not rough guess the quantities when mixing the two components: hardening will be compromised if the catalysing ratio is wrong.
- If hardened and Kerapoxy CQ has to be removed from the joints, use an industrial hot air blower. If hardened localized residues of the product remain bonded to the tiles, use Pulicol 2000 for cleaning.
Set to Light Foot Traffic
Floors may be subjected to foot traffic after 12 hours at +20°C.
Ready for Use
3 days. After 3 days, the surfaces may also be subjected to chemical attack.