Lithofin Splash Stop / Outdoor Sealer Water Protection - 1 Litre - LAST FEW AVAILABLE
Lithofin SPLASH STOP is a universally usable impregnator based on water-repelling siloxane compounds. The product contains sovents and has a low viscosity.
Density: ca.0,8 g/cm³
Appearance: liquid, clear
Flash Point: >23°C
Solubility in water: not soluble
Lithofin SPLASH-STOP penetrates into porous surfaces and forms a thin coat inside the capillaries. This coat prevents the penetration of water and dirt, forcing it to remain on the surface. Surfaces stay clean longer and become easier to maintain. The water permeability is hardly affected. The appearance of the surface is not, or only slightly, altered. Lithofin SPLASH-STOP is UV-resistant and does not yellow.
Outdoors, depending on weather conditions, approx. five to ten years. Indoors, with correct maintenance, nearly unlimited.
Field of Use:
For rendering facades and other surfaces made from natural stone (e.g. sand stone, granite, limestone) and quarry tiles, engineered stone and concrete water and dirt resistant. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Directions for Use:
The surface to be treated must be absorbent, clean and completely dry. Generously apply a consistent amount of Lithofin SPLASH-STOP with a brush or roller. In case of very absorbent materials, repeat the application after approx. 30 to 40 minutes. Avoid puddles, drips and foam. Do not allow the product to dry on the surface. Immidiately distribute and remove surface residues with a cloth.
Always try the product in an inconspicuous area prior to use. Non absorbent and wet surfaces can not be treated. Glass, plastics and other solvent sensitive surfaces must be protected against splashes. The surface temperature must be between 10°C and 25 °C. Do not use in direct sunlight.
Drying Time: approx. 40 minutes
depending on the surface.
Sandstone: approx. 1 to 4m² per litre
Quarry tiles: approx. 5 to 8m² per litre
Rough granite: approx. 10 to 15m² per litre
Keep cool, closed and dry. Shelf life of up to three years. Open containers should be used quickly.
Contains solvents. Free of chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Liquid product is classified as special waste. Containers are made of environmentally friendly tin plate. Clean containers can be recycled through collection systems.
Aliphatic hydrocarbons; polysiloxanes; auxiliary agents.
Risk and Safety Phrases:
Flammable. Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not breathe vapour. Avoid contact with skin. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
First Aid Procedures:
Remove contaminated soaked clothing immediately. In case of inhalation, ensure of fresh air. In the event of symptoms refer for medical treatment. In case of contact with skin wash off immediately with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes rinse thoroughly with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In case of ingestion, do not induce vomitting. If swallowed by mistake drink plenty of water and seek medical treatment.
In case of spill or other release, take up with absorbent material (e.g. sand, sawdust, general-purpose binder).
In case of fire formation of dangerous gases possible. Suitable extinguishing material: foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide, sand.
Additional Information is listed on the Material Safety Data Sheet ADR2003: flammable liquid, n.o.s. UN 1993, Class 3 Packaging Group III
1 litre bottle with childproof cap (10 bottles per box)
5 litre canister (2 canisters per box)
This information should be considered to be informal and non-binding. The products must be used according to local conditions and materials. Where no previous experience is available, or in cases of doubt, test the product in an inconspicuous area. (GB11.04gps/12.02)