Everbuild General Purpose Silicone - White - 310ml
Additional Products (Optional)
General Purpose Silicone is a mid modulus silicone sealant that adheres to most smooth and non-porous materials. Contains an anti-fungal compound to prevent mould growth in areas of high humidity. Forms a permanently flexible rubber seal.
- Permanently flexible.
- Anti-fungal formula - prevents mould growth.
- Quick curing - low dirt pick up.
- Low viscosity for fast application
- Certified under the harmonized European standard EN15651 for façade, cold climate and sanitary applications in compliance with the Construction Product Regulatio
Areas for Use
- Sealing around baths, showers, basins and other sanitary ware.
- As an adhesive for fixing Pvcu trims, cladding and panels.
- Sealing around worktops and laminates.
- Sealing to metal, timber and Pvcu window frames, and pointing around window and door Frames.
- For aluminium gutter sealing.
- General draught proofing.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use EVERFLEX AQUAMATE.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHERMATE..
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double glazed units.
- Do not use for perimeter pointing of upvc. Use SILICONE HM60 or SILICONE 450.
- Do not use on soft metals such as lead and brass. Use LEADMATE SILICONE.
- Non over paintable.
Surface Preparation All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Glass, metal and aluminium should be Cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner prior to application for optimum adhesion. Porous surfaces may require priming - a small area should be tested first.
Application Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using FILL AND FIX EXPANDING FOAM, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility. Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45° with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth down within 10 minutes of application. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with a soap and water solution. An improved appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint and removing within 5 minutes of application.